Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Ethereal Triangle Shawl

I finally blocked the Ethereal Shawl made with Knit Picks Gossamer in Carribean colorway and used my new blockers and pins that I got from Knit Picks.  They made it sooo much easier to use and I was leery about moving it to another room after pinning but the blocks when set are much sturdier than I thought and it was totally easy peasy to move after all!!  I will be going out of town in the morning so the shawl will be plenty dry and ready to use when I get back home this weekend :-)  Unfortunately I wish I had used a solid color so the pattern would have showed up better.  I will remember this in the future as it is a lot of work to not see the design :-(

3 comments:

  1. You just learned the hard way what I learned the hard way a long time ago. Same rule applies to clothing construction. When the construction details are an important part of the design and you want to see them, then you do NOT want to use a print! I assumed the same applied to knitting. When using a really cool stitch, you want plain yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are absolutely right! This is the first print shawl I've made. In the future I will use the prints in a plain pattern. Lesson learned but it's still disappointing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are absolutely right! This is the first print shawl I've made. In the future I will use the prints in a plain pattern. Lesson learned but it's still disappointing.

    ReplyDelete